Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This isn't the end of the world but wondered if there was a fix. Whenever I log on to this board, I'm redirected every time to composing a message on a thead that I did months ago. 

It's mildy annoying because when I find a topic that I'd like to reply to, I have to logon and it takes me to this page - not back to the topic I want to reply to - I have to go find that all over again.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Rob-Nicholson,

Does this happens with other boards? If I'm getting this correctly you're doing this:

1. Browsing the community as an annonymous user (not logged in)

2. Read a post on this Forum Feedback page

3. You want to reply, so you click on "Reply"

4. The forums take you to the log in page, you enter your credentials and you're authenticated.

5. The forums redirect you to a "Reply to message" page, but it's a reply page to a post you made months ago, not the post you originally wanted to reply by clicking the button. 

Correct?

Can you please provide the URL on the Log In page once you click on Reply?

For example, when I clicked on "Reply" on this thread I was redirected to the Log in page, and it had this URL

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HPPSocialUserSignonPage?redirectreason=notregister...

Also, can you please send me the URL you're redirected to after logging in?

Thanks!

Oscar.
I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

This is the page that I'm always redirected to:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/OS/message-id/467086

And this it the screenshot. It's just happened again - in this case, I followed a link sent in email and this time gave a post kudos. This is a topic I created/replied to but months ago.

Cheers, Rob.

sshot-1.png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.