Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 2020 15t-ek0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My custom laptop has been delayed a little to long. I ordered it Nov 12(my time)/13(eastern time) and my original shipping date was Dec. 11 and estimated delivery date was Dec. 16 (the day I’m typing this up). Ever since then my shipping has been delayed until Jan 4 and estimated Delivery date of Jan 7. I understand COVID-19 has gotten in the way, but I find it unacceptable and ask for it to come sooner in December, there was a lot of stuff I wanted to do with it before my Spring 2021 semester began. It feels as though my laptop was just left off to the side for a while. I’m just disappointed in HP as something similar happened before in the past and makes me second guess purchasing from HP itself. Can I just get a sooner shipping and delivery, in December.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue.  You can email Enrique Lores directly at Enrique.Lores@hp.com.  He is the President/CEO.  Perhaps if we bombard him with emails re: the situation, something may get done. 

HP Recommended

I just sent him an email, let’s what happens 

HP Recommended

Looks like I'm having a similar issue, except they're not updating the delivery date.  Doesn't look like I should expect it by Christmas after all.  Covid could be a reason for manufacturing delays, but it's no excuse for a complete absence of customer service.

HP Recommended

Yeah it really sucks, I mean I can already tell that I’m not going to get an email from the CEO of HP himself, that would have to be a miracle. It’s probably not coming near Christmas, my Birthday(Dec 29), nor New Years, although I’m still holding out a really small bit of hope. 

HP Recommended

Same here. Ordered 11/29 (switched models at the last minute to one that showed an expected 2020 delivery instead of 2021) with an original expected ship date of 12/16 for delivery 12/21. Now shipment has been pushed to 12/26 TEN DAYS later. The only way I know this is by email, as my order status page will not update.

I am growing angrier and angrier the longer I think about the purchase. I ordered with the intent of having time over Christmas and new year holidays to set up and play with my new pc. I am a busy person without much time away from work. 

Now, it is almost a sure thing that my new computer will not be delivered until 2021.

It is mostly the principle of LYING during checkout. The decision to purchase this machine was based on many factors, not the least of which was the delivery date. If hp has to dishonestly represent their shipment capabilities to make sales, who knows what else I've been mislead about. 

Very disappointed so far in my hp experience and cannot wait to inform any friends who are investigating new laptop purchases. I am a bit of a technophile and many friends count on my input for their purchase decisions. 

HP Recommended

Me too!!!  I am very angry it is a gift and I was going to set it up while I was on Xmas break for the recipient.  I have a demanding job (working right now) and my free time is very limited.  I am so mad that I keep getting lied to as well.

I am not even getting any update emails at all.

HP Recommended

Even worse, they build in a no cancelation clause, or tell us we can only cancel within one hour of ordering. What an abuse of customer trust. Wait til we're outside the cancelation window, then slam us with a huge delay. HP: the opposite of customer service. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.