Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

?????????????????? Just like the subject says. Can't long on from a HP computer that a senior gave me to fix. The computer is working great after three days of hard work. Over 84 malware and 30% defrag, and the list goes on. I have to use this old Toshiba to log on the forum.:smileyvery-happy:

Dokie!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi friend!! It's really not worth your trouble. I can log on just fine with Firefox and Google.

I do appreciate your suggestions. Thank you! Have kudoed you. It's a problem with the site, and I really doubt if the staff is interested;so probably won't get solved.

Thanks WyreNut! I appreciate you!

PS I help here on the forum where I think I can. Have been really busy with the seniors here in my village. Just cleaned a lap top with 20+ trojans and rootkits. Got it going and working well. It was fragmented really bad and I had to move some stuff to external drive so it would have enough free space to defrag.

Here's where I live my friend!!

http://www.goldenoaks.com/

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Try blowing the cobwebs out of the browser you are using by clearing the cache and all cookies.

It may help to install another browser like Chrome, or Firefox.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Friend! I'm going to try your suggestions right now as I still have the computer in my procession.  I have ran CCleaner on the PC. I never add browsers until I confer with the PC owner. I do however have those three browsers on my PC. The browser I'm using on the seniors PC is IE. I usally log on to the forum with my PC and Firefox??

HP Recommended

Hi friend! I just tried to log on to the forum from my Toshiba laptop using IE. I was not able to do so?? If I can't log on to the forum from my PC, no need to try the HP lap top that I am servicing. Waiting for your reply??

Dokie!

Capture48.JPG. I'm sure my imformation is correct. I log on the forum every day with Firefox??

HP Recommended

Hi I just tried logging on with Chrome browser and was denied access to the forum with the same message. It seems I can only log on to HP forum with Firefox?? I think there is a problem Houston! Please advise or fix the problem.

Dokie!

PS I know I'm senile, but there seems to be a problem here.:smileywink:

HP Recommended

Hi! I'm fairly computer literate. Please advise how I can help solve this problem.

Dokie!!

I'm not a HP employee:smileywink: I came here to learn and pass it forward.

HP Recommended

Hi! I have just ran CCleaner. I still can not logon to the forum with Chrome or IE.

Dokie!!

Capture48.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi I'm trying to help because I care. This is the link  I use to log on to the forum. It only works with Firefox. Will not work with IE or Chrome.http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

HP Recommended

Hi! If I copy and paste this link in Google (Firefox) I can log on to the forum. If I paste this link into another browser, HP forum will not allow me to log on. You have a problem Houston.:smileywink:

Dokie!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

HP Recommended

When you clear the cache and cookies, will it login on the browsers that are refusing?

Other members occasionally see a similar glitch, and clearing both items usually fixes the problem.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.