Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Was the answer to this problem? Just received this for Christmas and I’m having the exact same problem 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @SMJ18, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues connecting your device to the wireless network.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Are you able to connect other devices to the same wireless network?

Have you replaced the router recently? 

Please share the product number and operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Can you please brief the issue completely to assist you better. Also, please share a few screenshots of the issue you are facing.

Check whether Windows 10 password is incorrect because of the wrong spell

• 1. Whether Caps Lock is enabled but the login password is lowercase
  • 2. If NumLock is opened but the password doesn’t include a digital number
  • 3. Have typed wrong characters in the password

Try the steps recommended below.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Wi-Fi settings.

2. Corrupt or outdated Wireless network driver.

To install the Wireless network driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest Wireless network driver from the HP website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, View your password from any Windows computer that is already connected to your network.

1. Right-click the wireless network tray icon  , and then select Open Network and Sharing Center.

Open Network and Sharing Center selection with wireless network task tray icon highlighted

2. Select Change Adapter Settings.

3. Right-click the name of your wireless network, and then click Status.

4. Click Wireless Properties.

5. Click the Security tab, and then select the Show characters check box to see the wireless network security key (your password).

Let me know if this helps!

Happy Holidays! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The device I have is the digital picture frame DF105OTW. It simply ask for you to connect to WiFi by entering your password. As original poster stated, I have put in my password dozens of times and it is correct but it says it is in correct. No caps lock, and verified that what I am entering is correct on several occasions. I will be returning this product if there is no easy solution. 

HP Recommended

@SMJ18, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you are using a digital picture frame. Please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Select settings fromt the picture frame and try restoring it to factory settings. 

Tap 'Restore Factory Settings' to erase all internal storage, saved accounts, and settings on your DPF
 and reset it to its original factory settings.

Once the reset is complete try connecting the picture frame to the network again.

Also, try changing or removing the wireless password from the network and check if it helps.

Refer the picture frame user guide to know more information. Click Here

Note: Refer page 8 for more information.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.