Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've tried and tried to change my zoom from 100% to 125% permanently.  Each time I log in it has gone back to 100%.  Very trying.  I change temporarily going thru tools.  Must be another way.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi mary84,

What internet browser version are you using to read the forums?

Thanks,

SunshineF

HP Recommended
I'm using IE9, Yahoo, and Win 7
HP Recommended
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378
Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the site you recommended did not solve my problem.  Thank you.  Got anymore suggestions.

HP Recommended
did not solver your problem as it did not run correctly? or did it reset IE and still have the same issue? try CTRL + scroll wheel UP on your mouse, it will change the % by 5% at a time. not sure if it will stick

you can also drop your resolution so things will appear bigger all over. if none of this resolves your issue i will give you an advanced resolution for you
Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
HP Recommended

Thank you.  No. IE did'nt change.  Resolution and scrolling up seem to another temporary fix.  Your consistant suggestions are really appreciated.  This the first computer I've had this problem with.  One other thought, could this be a problem with IE9?

HP Recommended
it is not a problem with IE9 at all. It could be a browser extension causing the issue. Click start and avove the start button you will see a place to type the name of a program. Type "Internet Explorer" without the quotes

Above, you will see a list of internet explorers. One will say "no addons" open that. you will get some warning page on starup saying you have addons disabled. Ignore that. Go to google.com and change the resolution however you are comfortable with. Then navigate around to see if it sticks in no addons mode.

This is not a resolution, this will just help resolve the issue
Signature:
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.