Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200ps

I was running a lot of printouts on Friday. The paper came too close to the end so the printer was unable to do the measuring and checking of the color - this has happened in the past and I never had a problem with the printer. This time, I received the following error code:

58:10

"The printer's color sensor is not working well. Color reading operations may fail. If the problem persists, call HP."

Is this something I can fix on my own? And how?

Thank you,

Lisa

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The Embedded Spectrophotometer might need to be replaced, if you can find a Service Manual you can read the instructions, it is not a typical end-user job.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Hi Lisa,

This error is related to the Color sensor - either not working properly or is not communicating to the carrige pca.

On the Carrige Assy the color sensor is located to the left of the Carriage , check for any media hard crash which might damage the sensor or dislocate the sensor, dont have much access to clean the sensor bottom part. 

Try the following:

􀂄Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord remove the power cable and reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer after 3-5 min.

􀂄Replace the Color Sensor ESP (spectrophotometer)

Printer will still continue to print when bypass the error by seleting OK, but will prompt mesage for poor print quality.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.