Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200

79:04 problem, z3200 printer stops at this point ! ...Q ; How can i update the software with a 79:04 software issue ? 

After several startups same problem ...The printer gets stuck... Any ideas on this issue? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

If the error comes up then checking the paper, look at the line sensor and make sure it is working.

That could be your problem

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

turn it off & turn on again. it might work ok.

My Z3200 44" has same error once in a while & I simply did the same.

If nothing work, try PCL driver.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have been trying this for couple of times; does not work; keeps coming back to the 79:04 error!

I'm looking for a way to update firmware - maby this helps? - but this error blocks that possibility!

Is there a way to update firmware with this error (7904)  in mind? Thanks

HP Recommended

First thing you need to do is remove all the printheads, ink cartridges  and paper from the printer and then turn the printer off and then turn it back on and see if you get the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This comment only for while send a print commend.

Please use the PCL driver while you have print through PDF and AutoCAD software but remember if you print through Photoshop or Illustrator it will given error.

Otherwise you need to update the firmware.

I think if you are follow those process, it will solve it.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

David:
thanks for your advice & I did that already & replaced with 2 new printheads & some new inks already.

Firmware was updated to the latest sucessfully.

NO Driver issue, because printer not even connected to PC yet. When prompted to load

paper to align printheads & paper was loaded & carriage box moves from right to left to

detect paper, this moment was the error came up.

I did tests & all past, except carriage box error at the end.

Recetly I have been busy & as soon as I have a chance & will remove another working carriage box from other

Z3200 44" & install onto this trouble maker & see what happy.

Will post once I have news.

Thanks again for all folks helping me to solve ths issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please reset the all settings from service mode and check the formatter board with carriage unit for paper detctor sensor is clean, their no dust and encoder strip is clean.

Please care fully check it.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
HP Recommended

thanks & I did all those steps at the begining.............

HP Recommended

Regards/Rashed
HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

If the error comes up then checking the paper, look at the line sensor and make sure it is working.

That could be your problem

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.