Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
hp designjet 2300
macOS 10.14 Mojave

hi everyone

i recently got a printer on a storage auction but when I turn it on it say initializing for a couple minutes then give me error 8:11

I read other descriptions about similar problems but it does not work with mine

when I turn on no lights turn on the motherboard where the HDD is but is I remove it and reestall it the number one comes on for a couple seconds then turn off

any suggestions?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi.

You most to do internal check to power supply, electronic module and formatter. Download service manual. Entry to service menu and following the procedure. If any part failed then change it. When You change any part You have to run some adjust. 

If all part that You have to check pass troubleshoot then restart the printer and maybe the error disappear. If the error display again then You have to change the Formatter.

Best regard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.