Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive got a designjet 500 24 inch & I get these dialogue box when I try to print , the paper is A1. Ive got the drivers installed. Any help?printing 3.jpgprinting-purple line.pngprinting.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

quite simply, you must use     custom   option to define your print size:

before you print, easier to retate your image to vertical / portrait ,  click print ..click print  print setting..... next screen    pick media/quality     , use    custom... since you have 24 inch printer & define   paper    24" in portrait & 34"  high..... 

( as your photo, your image size was 33.1x23.4   &   box lit up was 11x8.5   which was wrong. you only use default
& did not specify your own print media size yet.     click    more options    , ther might be a    cutom option )

if all correct, you should be able to see your image lay properly. otherwise    tray again...

I did not use dj500 for many years & not remember exactly...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but I can not change the print size from 11 x 8.5", Ive tried in page set up & in properties, 

HP Recommended

hehe, not a wise reply.... a 24" printer can not change print size............

read or google your printer user manual more.......

HP Recommended

print problem 17-9-21.jpgI tried to print a test page & this message came up

HP Recommended

seems to me was a dumb driver problem ...........  download the DJ500     PCL driver & try again..

myself used DJ500/dj800 for over 15 years & never seen that messgage...

HP Recommended

an update,

1/ I save a drawing as a PDF, open the PDF, then try to print, nothing, no drawing.

2/ I print the same drawing straight from AUTOCAD , without saving it as a PDF, success I get the drawing

There has to be  something wrong with printing a PDF

Any solutions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.