Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HPDesignjet T790ps
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Designjet T790ps printer that will not autorotate the print to fit across the 36" roll.  I'm printing plans from PDF files and when the source size is 24"x36" portrait I cannot get it to print across the 36" width of the roll even when selecting the landscape orientation.  Please help!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Which driver set are you using? If you are using the Microsoft V4 driver or any Microsoft supplied driver your options are extremely limited. Download and install the full driver back here https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL93203/HP_DesignJet_and_PageWide_XL_Installer.e...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

24x36 in 36" roll, it should be in landscape mode.... define your media as    36 wide     25 high... landscape..

no need auto rotate..... check the preview screen & see does it fit, otherwise    try auto rotate at 36"

my Z3200 44" from time to time print out wrong also... pay attention....

HP Recommended

Thanks for the input Ruben.  That has been the problem.  I can select the Landscape mode and it will not flip in the preview screen.  Not matter what option I choose for page orientation or size.  It would not flip to print across the roll unless the PDF  itself was configured as landscape.  However, I believe I resolved the issue by going into the printer preferences from the control panel and changing the media to Roll and selecting the Autorotate with a larger paper size of 42".  For some reason the driver I am using thinks that the image is too wide for the roll and would not flip the image automatically.  It seems to be working with that configuration.  Hopefully this will be a permanent fix.  

HP Recommended

This is the current configuration of what I'm using:

CLCoTX_0-1626963170512.png

Will these not work for what I need?

HP Recommended

excuse me, if I was wrong.... you shown only driver infos & none media infos, which caused all the problem...

see my sample photos. yesterday I did a photo of Miami in size 36x54 & following was media setup.

I setup 36 wide & 55 high in portrait mode...... all finished perfect.

hope you understand, my my explanation is not good enough...IMG_20210722_103010.jpgIMG_20210722_103024.jpgIMG_20210722_103038.jpgIMG_20210722_103125.jpg

HP Recommended

Yes!  That makes sense now and I understand what you were trying to accomplish.  Thank you for clarifying. I actually did something close to your solution. I wanted to keep the actual size of my document to scale so I changed the paper source to roll and on the features tab I selected autorotate and changed the width to 42".  It seems to have worked.   Thanks again for your help!

CLCoTX_0-1626968134921.png

CLCoTX_1-1626968196582.png

HP Recommended

this is the most most basic....different problems might arise from time to time...

come & checck this HP designjet support forum from time to time, which you could learn more .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.