Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T120 24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to calibrate my  HP DesignJet T120 24-inch to get the right size in the prints. When I print 1000mm it comes out as 1009mm. How do I fix this? 

I use Win 10 OS and Layout from SketchUp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To be useful as a solution we need a summary:

Calibration simply was not needed when I skipped going through PDF, but going straight to the printerfolder instead, but I had to make some new customized setups in the folder. Now the calibration is pd accurate! And I dont have to use a plugin or PDF. -Simple!

Printing a big drawing to a rollpaper printer/plotter from Layout in PC (may be applicable for other programs, I don´t know..) 

Go to Control panel - Devices and printers.

In the top of the folder, choose the tab for "Print server properties"

Click the box for "create a new form"

Give your form a name in the dedicated box.

Type the measurements in the boxes. (In my case 24" for width all of the time, but different lengths)

Dont forget to save your form by clicking the save button.

exit

Now you can choose your new format in the rollist that appears when you push the print button in the original program. The default setting seems to be landscape format, so you have to choose portrait instead.

(I made form intervalls whithin 10cm , gave them name 10 for 100cm print , 11 for 110cm print etc. )

Hope this was useful for someone! Cheers /P

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I think it's more related to Sketchup than the specific printer. Seems to be a common grief.

Googling for sketchup printing 1:1 brings a lot of hits and hints.

I don't have the Pro version of SketchUp but one option would be to export as DXF and use a 2D CAD program like DraftSight (free version is good) to print and process further if necessary.

https://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight-cad-software/free-download/

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

Thanks jorkki for your reply.

After a few hours of trial and error I found out that it was the document size settings in the printers folder in the os that was the clew. It´s just so frustrating to having to go through a hole investigation to do something so basic as to print out a simple drawing. You have to make one preset paper-length template for every commonly used drawing size in the print server properties box.

But there you are when you don´t have a master in computer science, just the simple knowing how to make a curved staircase whith tangent (3-d curved) handrailing irl...

Handling Layout is also one challenging task! 

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. lol

HP Recommended

Good that you got it sorted.

Unfortunately it is so with computers a lot of the time..just look at the number of messages on this forum alone.

Please do select your own message as the solution, so others may find it easier.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

To be useful as a solution we need a summary:

Calibration simply was not needed when I skipped going through PDF, but going straight to the printerfolder instead, but I had to make some new customized setups in the folder. Now the calibration is pd accurate! And I dont have to use a plugin or PDF. -Simple!

Printing a big drawing to a rollpaper printer/plotter from Layout in PC (may be applicable for other programs, I don´t know..) 

Go to Control panel - Devices and printers.

In the top of the folder, choose the tab for "Print server properties"

Click the box for "create a new form"

Give your form a name in the dedicated box.

Type the measurements in the boxes. (In my case 24" for width all of the time, but different lengths)

Dont forget to save your form by clicking the save button.

exit

Now you can choose your new format in the rollist that appears when you push the print button in the original program. The default setting seems to be landscape format, so you have to choose portrait instead.

(I made form intervalls whithin 10cm , gave them name 10 for 100cm print , 11 for 110cm print etc. )

Hope this was useful for someone! Cheers /P

HP Recommended

Forgot to mention;

How is this related to my original question,calibration?

Well, I started out trying to print via acrobat pdf, as I found it tricky straight throug the printfolder, and some forums recommended that way. Then I had the issue whith printout altering the scale.

Sorting out the printfolder solved the problem, and now the prints are pd. accurate! I dont need an extra path via plugin or pdf, so the process is simple and fast!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.