Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Dell Preciion 3620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At the end of last week we ran into an issue with our computers no longer sending our print files to the printer.  The printers are setup over our network which is all set up in a server closet.  After having our IT service look into this problem, they have updated, installed, reinstalled drivers, even installed windows patches to mitigate this issue.  We can finally print again but now we're having an issue where we can no longer delete any of the custom page sizes we create.  before, When going the route of Printer preferences, Paper/quality tab, custom paper size and selecting the paper size.  Before if we right clicked the custom size, we could the have the option to delete it.  now, all that pops up s the HP Help tab.  Second, after selecting the custom paper size with a left click, at the top next to the quick sets: Factory defaults, there is a save and a delete button.  the delete button is always grayed out and will never un-gray out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After getting an email from HP support, the solution to this was to select the custom paper size, then hit the button that says custom... next to it.  In the next menu, press Delete, then Ok, then OK.  The custom paper size is now deleted.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you are printing is based on a print server and not IP direct printing, then the only way to delete custom sizes is to do it on the server install of the drivers as it will push out to the workstations, but users do not have the authorization needed to delete paper sizes from the server.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The custom page sizes are local on my system, my coworker has a bunch of custom page sizes on his that are also different then ones found in my printer preferences.  I guess an amendment to what I wrote above, is our computers are all networked together and connect to the printers via a large switch in the server closet.  But, they connect via IP direct to the printers rather than drivers on the server like a RIP.  Before we had HP plotters, we had Epson printers that went through a rip station on our network but part of getting the HP plotters was to get rid of the rip station 6 or so years ago when we switched.

I was looking into where the page sizes might be saved within windows and found the registry directory that shows the page sizes for the printers.  I found it strange that only 2 of the custom page sizes show up in there, the other custom page sizes are not.

HP Recommended

After getting an email from HP support, the solution to this was to select the custom paper size, then hit the button that says custom... next to it.  In the next menu, press Delete, then Ok, then OK.  The custom paper size is now deleted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.