Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 5000
Microsoft Windows XP

Old printer - HP Dedignjet 5000.  Works after months of repair and refurbishment (with help from your parts and videos!): it will pass the seft test and be ready.  It will print test print and configuration print at the machine end. But I can't find a reliable driver to print from PC apps.    Will print a test page with a HP gl/2 raster driver I found online.  With this same driver it will spool up, send to printer, the printer will flash "receiving", then go back to "ready" without  printing.  The driver from Hp.com doesnt work at all. The Winline driver works, but the whole suite of drivers is too expensive for my customer.   Any suggestions would be welcome. Where else can I get a driver for this printer?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Never mind.  I got it fixed. LPT port and / or cable  bad.  Used network connection instead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.