Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T920
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I bought a t920 2 yrs back. Since then i have already changed 3 print heads. I have this plotter at home and do not use it much. However i keep getting reseat print head error messages. Today i bought a new PH and out it in. But the plotter keep saying reseat print head despite it being a new head. I am quite disappointed with HP quality.  There are 4 leds just above the blue catch. 2 leds are solid orange the other 2 is blinking red and orange. Does anyone know why issit so. I think the plotter might not be reading the PH. cos everytime after reseating PH when i close the cover, the Ph will move the left side and the panel will promt me to reseat PH as though it did not register the previous reseating. 

Inks are already full. Anyone pls help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi! were you able to fix this issue? I´m having the same issue with my T2500 keeps giving the message of reseating the printhead.

HP Recommended

try this.

take out phs,and cartdiges and then disconect printer from the wall outlet, after a few minutes reconect power cord and install cartgs and phs only when printer promts you to do so, as if it were new instalation, wait  until plotter gets ready,if problems persistit is very posible an error 02.1.10 in that case change trailing cable first and turn on if not chage carriage PCA,normally it solves the problem

Good luck

Mrco from computeck

HP Recommended

The first thing you need to do is upgrade the fimrware to the latest version. Reseat  printhead issues have been addressed in the latest firmware. Just do a google search for upgrading the firmware using the usb thumb drive at the plotter.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

The old Printhead might still be OK. Reseat means that there may not be a good connection betwwen the connectors of the carriage to the PH. When the PH is removed clean and dry the contacts of the PH and then wipe the connections on the Carriage and try again.

Good Luck

Roy K

HP Recommended

@Roy_Kuzmich wrote:

Hi all,

The old Printhead might still be OK. Reseat means that there may not be a good connection betwwen the connectors of the carriage to the PH. When the PH is removed clean and dry the contacts of the PH and then wipe the connections on the Carriage and try again.

Good Luck

Roy K

How solve electrical fail when reseat printhead?
Electrical Fail after reseat printheadElectrical Fail after reseat printheadsdfsfsd

HP Recommended

Couple things:

- try cleaning gold connectors of PH and carriage with alcohol (ethil or isopropyl) gently with ear swabs and wait a minute to dry;

- look for any bending connectors;

- if you have done all this million times and no result - then PCB (formatter) or cable is faulty or just not making good contact... Tech support is needed...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.