Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 1050c Plus
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This is an old printer, but a workhorse as you probably know.

The error is very vague.  From reading, it could be a defective (burned out) print head, or a number of other items including:

bad trailing cable, bad electronics module, and even air in the ink tubes.

Who else has had this problem?  A new print head did not solve it.

I might add, yes, I had air in the ink tubes.  I was able to take a syringe and suck out the air from the port on the carriage where the print heads attach.  I pulled out the air plus a couple of ml of ink.  It's possible that the damage to the heads is done, since I've read that the ink actually acts as a coolant for the heads while printing.  HP heads are thermal and with no coolant can burn up internally,(  that's why epson uses piezoelectric).

I have not replaced the trailing cable yet, a new one is on order.  I suspect the job is labor-intensive.  The worse case, a new carriage assembly, lots of money there.

Who else has solved this problem where it is not the head?

Jim

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Dear Sir

if air  enters the print head  it start giving you recover ... and if you continue using it  it will give you replace with error .

still need to know the full error on the control panel if its this

Failed 16 and 17

The printer was printing and the printhead temperature has reached an
excessive level. It is possible to continue to print with this printhead, but it may void the printhead warranty if you continue for long periods. This situation must be corrected before the printer will operate. See Problems reseating the printhead for more information. If the failed message
disappears but then reappears later, replace the printhead.

so you have to inject  ink in the print head  and maybe it will work ... as it is giving and error replace and not monitor or recover

you will have to check the ink tube for leakage ink from the same place where you put the print head  if while sucking ink   from the ink tube where the print head enters that a bad news   .. so even if you replace the print-head you will have to remove air every day  fro the ink tube .. or repair the ink tube  

for more help contact me

take care

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.