Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I am trying to bring my old DeisgnJet 110plus back to working condition. Have replaced printheads/ink cardidges, because everything was left out of working order for almost 10 years. I believe I should prime the tubes now, since they are possibly also stuck or empty. As soon as I turn on the printer, it asks for paper and wants to do a printhead alignment. However, there is no ink flowing and the alignment ends with an ampty piece of paper and then aks for more. This happens a couple of times until the printer freezes and I have to turn it off. Repeat.

Any ideas on how to unstuck it from the alignment procedure? I have tried factory defaults, EEPROM reset, nothing works, as soon as I turn it on, it asks for paper.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

When you turn your printer ON, it starts alignment if you press cancel button ( X ) few times it will stop alignment until next time it's turned ON.

If you installed new printheads they are already filled with some amount of ink that is enough for alignment and some pages. Priming ink tubes is very important for ink flow and ink pressure, also you might have some more problems if there absolute no ink on the printed paper.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.