Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T120

I have been trying to get my HP DesignJet T120 working properly, after several months of non-use. I started with error code 21-20, and ordered a new printhead which has been replaced. Now, I have an 'improper shutdown error' which I just cannot seem to clear. I have tried the 'remove ink cartridges while powered on, and unplug for 60 seconds' fix, several times to no avail. I am looking for other options. I am not paying for a service call... I already spent $265 on a **bleep** plastic printhead. The printer isn't even worth that any more. What can I do myself to try to get this working?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @777-AIA 

If the pritner was not in use after months I understand you ordered the new printhead kit, however the error 21 is related to the Service Station of the printer, the improper shut down is related to power so make sure that the printer is directly connected to the wall outlet then check if the same improper shut down keep showing up, if so you can get access to the support menu in the printer to perform a hard reset by holding the power button when the printer is on for around 20 seconds then scrolling to the reset menu and selecting the hard reset.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.