Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T1300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there,

i have to restrict printing on my T1300, at first i set all jobs on hold to prevent them from printing.

Is it possible to restrict the number of users or just to block some users from printing?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

your print job might paused.  simply check  printer property &  make sure it is not paused.

also go the the printer display menu, go to the print quequ        resume..

or maybe your printer is offline or driver not working property & no connection.

or printer cable not connected.

must be one of those.... check one by one carefully

HP Recommended

I think you got me wrong.

it's on purpose to put the job on hold but i want to block some users which are making some trouble.

I'm looking for a simple user restriction. Like a list of people who are allowed to send jobs.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Most of the printers have a function called IP-filters. It should be somewhere in the networking menus. If you activate this, you will block all IPs. And with this filters you can add IP who is allowed to print. This function can work well if your users have static IP-adress on their computers/devices.

I'm not sure if this model has IP-filters, but you could look around in the web-interface if it has.

Be sure to add your own IP and your server IP first so you dont lock out your own pc.

If you have a shared printqueue on the network, I don't think this solution would work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.