Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

DesignJet is having issues printing..  it starts to print about 3 inches of a pdf and then it starts to unroll the paper roll and says cancelling job.

I've tried power cycling the printer, removing and re-installing the printer and made sure the ends of the paper roll are pushed on.  i'm using HP bright white inkjet paper and using the plain paper option.

I tried restoring the printer defaults, without any change tothe printing.

I'm trying to print a pdf file and an AutoCAD drawing with the same results.  It looks like someone replaced the paper while I was on vacation.  Sometimes loading the paper, it says there is too much skew and sometimes, it loads fine.

I'm currently using firmware version AXP2CN1437AR and it keeps giving an event id of 69552.  The plotter has works fine for about 2 years up to last week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : DesignJet T520 starts to print, then cancels

Solution:

1. Make sure the correct paper size, type is selected in the driver and in autocad application if there is paper mismatch also same issue can occur.

2. Make sure encoder strip in the plotter is clean and dust free, there should not be any marks\ink\damage in the strip.

3. Make the roll loaded is not too much heavy, due to friction it can get unloaded.

4. Spindle hub on the roll should not be too tight or too loose in contact with the roll.

5. If firmware is upgraded also, try to reflash the firmware once and check

6. If still same issue persists even after checking all the above steps please contact HP for onsite engineer visit.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

As it works fine , and paper is getting ejected..i would prefer conatct HP and ask for preventive maintance. and clean the plotter as genreal service and upgeade the latest f/w

HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : DesignJet T520 starts to print, then cancels

Solution:

1. Make sure the correct paper size, type is selected in the driver and in autocad application if there is paper mismatch also same issue can occur.

2. Make sure encoder strip in the plotter is clean and dust free, there should not be any marks\ink\damage in the strip.

3. Make the roll loaded is not too much heavy, due to friction it can get unloaded.

4. Spindle hub on the roll should not be too tight or too loose in contact with the roll.

5. If firmware is upgraded also, try to reflash the firmware once and check

6. If still same issue persists even after checking all the above steps please contact HP for onsite engineer visit.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

If the issue related to printing only from Adobe Reader and complex files, I recommend to

1. Ensure that latest GL2 driver is installed.

2. In driver printer properties-> Advanced, enable print as Bit Map and Set max application to 300.

3. if issue persists you may trying comptaible printer GL2 driver of HP Designjet T790 or HP Designjet T795

4. If issue persists, you try downloading and printing from Sumatra PDF

Please note this is 3rd party non-hp software and you install & use this software at your own discretion or with prior permission of your ystem adminstrator.

Regards,

Prasad

Although I am HP Employee

I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .

If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I haven't tried cleaning the encoder strip yet.

I found out the previous roll had a plastic core and the new rolls are using a cardboard core.  It is the same HP Bright ink ket paper roll but with different cores.

I tried loosening the spindle hub with no change.

I did update the firmware with no change.  I might need to contact a HP tech support person.

HP Recommended

I also downloaded the latest GL2 driver and installed that driver.

I modified the printer properties with no change in results.

I tried installing the GL2 driver for the HP DesignJet T790 and tried changing the printer properties without any change.

I tired printing a Word files, where it printed about 6 inches of text before unrolling and cancelling the print job.

With PDF and autocad, it would do about 3 inches.

Would the cardboard core vs the plastic core make a difference?

HP Recommended

I had to leave a little space between the paper roll and the spindle end cap.  When I did this I was able to get the plotter to print.  It was a little tricky because the paper wants to slide to the end cap. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.