Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z2100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
My Z2100 is not printing Yellow. I've tried doing a system printhead clean, manually cleaning printheads, and finally a new printhead. I cleaned the carriage contacts and still no luck, when I installed a new printhead I got about a half a page of yellow in the print, I'm assuming that is just the amount of yellow that was in the new printhead. I'm lost now as to where to go to fix this.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If you already replaced with a new printhead & might has air in yellow ink tube...

I checked my Z3200 ink tube & you might be able to use an injector & inset needle  inside the yellow ink

nozzle & slowly pump out the ink & air.

Not sure & I just did the same for my repair DJ800 42' & 3  inktubes had air & after I did  &

all perfect.

wait till more exprience persons to reply..... get more hints before you act. 

Good luck.

HP Recommended

maybe to change yellow  ink, mabe ink damaged or freezed inside ( if you  no use the printer long time ).

try to change yellow cartridge.

good luck

HP Recommended

Using a syringe to draw ink with the printhead removed is the best method to remove air or to see if there is a clog or bad ink cartridge. Slowly draw the ink and when the ink starts to come into the syringe remove the syringe and push the plunger down with the syringe over a cup. Now draw the ink again to make sure it starts drawing with no air and you should draw about 3-4ml of ink to make sure all air is gone from the tube.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, the problem could be related to the ink cartridge.

Dont forget to try @davidzuts and @jasonmiamifl recommendations

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended
I tried pulling ink through as suggested davidzuts and then made sure the printhead was full of ink as well, I was able to get a print out of it but then I ran into the same problem and the yellow ran out again.
HP Recommended

Once a printhead has gotten air in it, you can not repair the printhead.  You think there is no air in the head but there is. What happens is when you print ink that has settled to the bottom of the head prints until due to the air pocket no more ink reaches the bottom. When you stop printing ink moves thru the air pocket and again settles at the bottom so it prints again for a small amount and then runs out of ink. You need to replace with a new printhead. Before you put the new printhead in the plotter use the syringe again to draw ink since using the previous head could have caused air again in the tube and you will just destroy the new head. In other words have a new unused printhead, draw ink into the syringe 3-4ml and then insert the new printhead and it should be ok.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have had a similar problem with Light Cyan and Photo Black on z3200ps - I have tried pulling with syringe but there is a lot of resistance and not much ink comes out - it just sputters a bit and a vacuum force is pulling back the plunger - what am I doing wrong? 

Best wishes,

Joseph

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.