Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
1050c

Hi I've just purchased a second hand designjet 1050 c plus but a system error 0B000D 00000008 comes up. Could anyone help please  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

according to the service manual, you need to replace the Electronics Module. This is a non-continuable error code during initialization.

System Error: 0B000D
Problem
Description:
24 V source test failure.
Corrective Action: Replace the Electronics Module Þ Page 8-25.

you can do a search for a service manual for your printer and download a pdf file for it, you will need it.

since you just got this printer and it was moved around, hauling it from point A to point B, some things may have come loose as far as cables and connections. Open back covers and make sure all connections are made and tight. Check ribbon cables making sure they are seated all the way in their sockets.

Good Luck,

report back to us, let us know what you find.

HP Recommended

Thanks i'll have a look and get back to you

HP Recommended

Check this out:

http://www.computercarefiles.com/TWI_Docs/bpp90151/default.html

And if the main pca has a blown fuse, you can simply replace the fuse. You don't have to replace the electronics control module ECM. I get more into that below:

Is the trailing cable plugged in at both ends and correctly--straight on, not crooked? Is it plus or non-plus? Sometimes this happens when you mess with the trailing cable--perhaps you inserted the trailing cable in a bit crooked manner instead of straight on and caused a short, or the trailing cable is bad. You need to address the short. The fuse is blown as best as I know. If plus model 1050C Plus the fuse is in the top left. If the non-plus the fuse is a surface mount fuse F7 on the board, kind of right top as you look at the board from the back. Check the fuse for continuity. You will probably find it is blown. I think both are 10A fuses. I usually just bypass the surface mount fuse with a fuse holder soldered in parallel with the F7 fuse.

After inserting a good trailing cable properly hopefully, There are resistance check points I think above the fuse on the Plus model. On the non-Plus model there is a block shaped item (I forget what the heck it is called) with metal on top and bottom. Check ohms between top and bottom. Either way check the ohms reading if I think 100 ohms or higher, perhaps 50-100 ohms or higher, then your trailing cable connection is OK, I think. If less or continuous then you have a short that could blow a replacement fuse. Again, you need to address the short. I suppose it could be other places besides the trailing cable, but that usually seems to be the culprit, or the bad insertion of it into its socket.

Perhaps the short could be in the carriage. I have only encountered this when someone has awkwardly or crookedly inserted the trailing cable causing a short.

Once I think:  this was caused by a bad Ink Supply Station Board which lies at the right end of the ECM, the rectangular small board.

I may not have conveyed this 100% accurately but maybe you get the jist of it.

HP Recommended

Sorry, got my "OB...."s confused. I was focused on the one typically caused by the trailing cable--0B0006.

But the document link is still applicable.

Usually in my experience the OB000D has most often been caused by a shorted out scan axis motor or one drawing too many amps. I THINK for me once it was caused by a bad ISS board.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.