Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet1050c

Hello, I have been given a Designjet 1050c but when Its turned on it makes a noise near the inkcarts then anther noise near the print head cleaning section passes the Self test please wait .. but the hangs on the: Initializing. Please wait. The fan is running but nothing else happens.

I have removed the carriage cables and everything on the back circuit boards and then plugged them back in but no difference.

I then removed all the print heads ,ink cartridges and then the cleaning carts but the same happens even when they are all removed.

When you open the cleaning door the top cover or the paper clamp handles it asks you to close them and then returns to the 

Initializing. Please wait.

Im stumped.

looks like the cleaning station area has a couple of screws missing from the cover so maybe its something to do with this?

I blew F7 when I incorrectly replaced the carriage ribbon but I have bridged this and now it's back to how I first found it.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's a link to the service manual:  https://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/HP_DesignJet_1050C_Service_Manual.pdf

It doesn't speak directly to what the boot sequence order is when initializing but does show a way to get into the diagnostics menu.  The manual says it doesn't have to fully initialize before getting into the diagnostics menu (Chapter 4, IIRC.)  Take a look at page 4-4 to find instructions to use the diagnostics menu.  Not sure it will let you access the menu but worth a try.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

last noise it makes it by the cleaning or carriage area, I've took the cover off by the display and its the fan there thats running full chat and all the cables looked attached and undamaged. 

HP Recommended

If there is a mechanical issue your printer will give you an error message on the front panel.

It could be a defective hard drive causing printer not to boot.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for the reply. I don't think its the hard drive as I don't have one,I've looked in the slot at the back next to the network card and its empty.

Is there any way I can reset the printer by holding down certain buttons as it attempts to start? 

HP Recommended

The last part to move/click is the  Primer Stepper-Motor. Cable is NOT broken or damaged and that the Primer arm moves freely from side to side but even when the stepper motor is standing alone I only get a very short pluse and no turning.

Ive check to cable and its ok from what i can tell and when unpluged i get the error 0b000A that disappears when i reconnect it. Is there any way i can test the stepper? o the controller?

HP Recommended

I've unplugged the paper feed motor and the carriage motor , also the optical sensor in front of the leaning station above an ink catch tank that has foam in it, but none of these cause an error to be shown, Does anyone know the boot order the machine takes during the initializing process/?

HP Recommended

Here's a link to the service manual:  https://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/HP_DesignJet_1050C_Service_Manual.pdf

It doesn't speak directly to what the boot sequence order is when initializing but does show a way to get into the diagnostics menu.  The manual says it doesn't have to fully initialize before getting into the diagnostics menu (Chapter 4, IIRC.)  Take a look at page 4-4 to find instructions to use the diagnostics menu.  Not sure it will let you access the menu but worth a try.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help,everybody. All of them helped a lot and unfortunately its a too expensive for me to repair it as the motherboard and I cant replace the components so I've disabled it  and taken it to the tip mostly.

Thanks again for your's help and time.

Nathan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.