Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 130nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a designjet 130nr and it was running perfect until I updated to the pc to windows 10. And now it will not print. It is installed via usb, I have found the latest drivers and installed them, I have installed the HP doctor tool, it sees my printer, tells me all is ok and when I click test print it crashes windows.

Can someone please help me?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Did you find a fix to this problem?

We are having the same exact issues.

It crashes all of our adobe programs

HP Recommended

No, not yet unfortunately.

HP Recommended

with that windows 10 update did your printer fix?  Mine did not, but just wondering if maybe I messed up settings trying to fix it on my own.

HP Recommended

In the same boat, i essentially have a 8,000 dollar boat anchor right now called a t2300. Thankfully my boss just gave me the OK to start to look at newer plotters and HP is not going to be making that list. It seems like everything they make has issues working with windows 10, software that has been around now for over a half decade and they still cant manage to get anything right.

These software packages that encompass multiple product lines never work well either imo, never had issues with this machine on windows 7 other then your regular hick ups. Switching to windows 10 has essentially rendered both my hp plotters my newer t2300 and my older 1050c useless. It also doesn't help that HP sticks out their hand and wants money if you nee help and all they give you then is a India call center worker running through a printout list of generic repair steps.

HP Recommended

That is horrible.  So frustrating as well. I thought the Windows 10 update yesterday would fix the problem.  But no, it didn't.  

I'm really at a loss.

I'm thinking I may go buy a mac today to see if I can print.  Have you tried that?

HP Recommended

You would be cheaper to go look at a different plotter imo.

HP Recommended

Probably so.  Let's just hope a fix comes soon.

HP Recommended

How old is the 130nr? If it is more then 3 or 4 years old i wouldn't hold my breath. My t2300 which cost about the price of 10 of these plotters runs so poorly with windows 10 that i'm about to go make my company spend another 10 plus grand to get something that will work when i need it to.

Even the most basic and cheapest mac book is around 1,100 if not more now with how much computer prices have gone up over the last couple months. This plotter is listed at 800-900 brand new, if it were me i would go look at canon or other brands that seem to be able to make software that works with the most commonly used operating system in the world right now imo.

HP Recommended

Hi all, I have fixed the problem, I uninstalled  a Windows KB update from June and once the computer restarted the printer worked

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.