Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet4500

Hello Folks,

I need some assistance in figuring out a paper jam error on a DJ 4500. Roll 2 loads fine, and gets to ready status. But when i try to load roll 1, it gives me a paper  jam error. I have watched roll 2 load from the back access panel, and i see it go past the main rear paper sensor, so im certain that is not the issue. I cannot find any physical obstructions with the roll 1 path, so im guessing its a sensor before the main rear sensor. Im just not sure where it is located, or what its called.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes,

The left spindle support has the part that gives back tension to the roll of paper.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Still no takers? Hoping to get a resolution soon. Thanks again for any help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the paper jam error code that comes up?

Also, this doc may help you

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00595807

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

I believe it was 84.1:01.

HP Recommended

Hi,

System Error: 84.11:01
Problem Description:
The printer tries to raise Roll 1 media to the level of the Drive Roller, but the
Main Media sensor cannot detect the presence of the media

Corrective Action:
Try the following:
􀂄 Make sure there is no media jammed in the Roll 1 media path.
􀂄 Check that the Main Media Sensor cable is not damaged and is
connected correctly to the Interconnect PCA.
􀂄 Clean the Roll 2 Module Feed Roller to ensure the media is not slipping

Also, The document I share with you earlier shows how to remove a paper jam from Roll 1

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Alright. I replaced the roll 1 media sensor to no avail. Tried some more troubleshooting. Loaded roll 1, but while doing so, left abouy 2 feet of slack in the roll, and it fed in just fine. Roll loaded and all was good. However, If i load the roll normally, and take up the excess slack on the roll so the plotter can load the paper on its own, the paper starts to move. I can see the feed rollers moving, but once the paper is tight, the spindle doesnt move to allow the paper to continue feeding. I replaced the right side spindle support, because it felt like there was drag in that side. That didnt fix it either.

So, Im thinking the only other thing it could be is the left side spindle support....any more ideas?

HP Recommended

Yes,

The left spindle support has the part that gives back tension to the roll of paper.

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Awesome, Thanks again Mike. Its unfortunate that the part is so dang expensive.

HP Recommended

Wondering if you ever found the solution to this.  I have the same problem but with the #2 roll.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.