Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 800PS
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Have 2 Designjet 800s.  I sheet feed paper for each print for what I need to do.  Each sheet is 24" x 36" newsprint paper (30lb. weight).   After 2-3 years of use on the first one, the prints started to not print the last 2".  I would load a new sheet and it would reprint the whole thing.  It started doing this every once in a while, then more and more frequently until almost every print did not print fully.  Always the same - 2" to the end of the sheet and it would stop printing.  Same thing started to happen to my 2nd printer after several years of use.  Files are not large (100dpi).  Happens when sending from the computer AND when hitting 'reprint last job' directly on the printer menu.  Tried cleaning the paper/media sensor, no luck.  I have yet to find anyone with the same problem, but now both of my printers are doing the same thing.  Also, both running from different computers.  Please help!

Incomplete printIncomplete print

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

What about internal pages like configuration page how's that printed?

If the internal pages are printed fine you have a computer/driver issue, not the printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I'm not finding anything directly from the printer that is long enough on the sheet to get cut off.  However, it does cut off the image when printing directly from the printers memory even after it previously printed the entire image before.  This happens using the "reprint last job" from the job management menu -  not every time either.   My first printer that started doing this did it every 10th/ 15th print at first and then it slowly started to happen more frequently.  Leads me to believe that something is failing on the machine.  Paper axis usage is over 100%.  Could it be a failing or dirty motor/sensor somewhere that wouldn't produce an error code?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.