Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently changed out some depleted printer cartridges and when I tried to plot only half the sheet is plotting from left to right. So the right half of the image plots but stops around halfway across the 24" roll. I have tried a hard reset, aligning printheads, and running all the diagnostic/test prints I can find. Could this be a hardware issue?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Jim233 .

Definitely this could be hardware related.

Had you replaced the printhead or only the ink cartridges?

Did you try printing the diagnostics Image to check if is there any problems in the pattern?

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be an issue with the drivers. I was able to get an HP technician to remotely fix it.

HP Recommended
Great, I am glad that you resolved the issue. Best Regards.
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Harry it turns out I was incorrect and the plotter is still not plotting the whole sheet. I thought the technician had solved it but the test sheet I plotted must not have had any image outside what will plot and so was mistaken. So it is still only plotting the 1st half of the sheet from right to left. I haven't been using it much and had just changed out two depleted print cartridges before it started doing it. The print head does move all the way from right to left but only applies ink in the 1st half. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. The print quality of what is printing is very good.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jim233 .

I am sorry about hearing that you still have the issue.

I think that could be related to the driver, did the remote technician installed the v4 ? If so then, please go just before printing and after selecting the paper settings and more please go to the upper right of the driver properties where you will find a gear icon and under that make sure that Max. application resolution is set for 300, test printing and let me know the result.

HarryCR_0-1608125329976.png

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Harry back to working on the issue with this plotter. It is still just plotting the right half of a 24" roll. All the drivers and firmware have been updated. It was plotting fine before the last time I changed ink catridges out a month ago. I wanted to try a hard reset but do not have the pin codes to do it. Do you think that could help and do you know what the codes are?

HP Recommended

Hi @Jim233 .

I guess you can try the hard reset, just hold the power button for around 20 seconds while the printer is on and then scroll down to the Resets menu and select the Hard Reset 3746 the pin.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Still the same problem. It looks when it prints from right to left it is stopping at the edge of where the paper feed tray is, as if it was not aware it was printing on a 24" roll and just the width of the max paper feed paper. Would this give you an idea of where it is messing up? Maybe there is a setting somewhere? I have tried plotting from a autocad application and adobo reader and they both have the wide format settings that look normal.

HP Recommended

@Jim233 did you set the Max Resolution Setting to 300? Can you attach a sample on how it is printing? please.

Thank you

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.