Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T1300 CR651A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I am troubleshooting an error 08:11 (Touch control panel). I have replace so far:formatter & hard drive.

After replacing the formatter & hard drive the message i got is:  74.08:04. I tried the emergency firmware upgrade, but still get the same message. After a few on/off power, i got a 08:11.

In the service manual it's mention that for a 74.08:04,

#1: " try emergency firmware upgrade with th USB thumb", wich i did with no success.

#2: Then Download again the firmware file from the source, as the original may be corrupted. Is it with the USB thumb??.

#3: Then the last thing to do is replace the Touch Control Panel. Is  the Touch Control Panel create the error 74.08:04 ?? I

Once  i troubleshoot a T2300 MFP with the same error and i had to replace all 3 (formatter, hard drive & touch control panel), but the hard drive came already install with the formatter. For this model, does the hard drive have to came already install on the formatter like the T2300mfp?

Lots of questions, but if you can help, it would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi.  I forgot to update this post. After all, i had to replace the control panel, hard drive & formatter, to solve the problem. The formatter didn't had to come together with the hard drive.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

When you say you tried to update the firmware with no success, do you mean you didn't get the update to load?  Or did it load but not solve the issue?

I've learned that the thumbdrive has to be completely empty, no other files present except the firmware file, for the upgrade to be successful.  Otherwise you get an error saying the file is corrupt.

Have you checked the cable connection to the touch panel?

Pretty sure you can buy the formatter with the hard drive together. 

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for the reply.  The first message on the plotter is: 08:11. So i replace the formatter & the hard disk (i bough them separatly) and install them. After installing them i got the message 74.08:04, wich mean to upgrade the firmware. So i use a thumb stick (with only the firmware file) and i got the same result. I tried again after unpluging the power cord and reconnect the power cord and i got the message 08:11. So, according to the service manual it seems to point to the touch control panel. But one question that i had was, is it the same as the T2300 MFP, wich i had to bough both together (hard drive/formatter)? Maybe only the T2300 mfp needed that. I saw (to late) that i can buy both together. Both together are very expensive (1,500.00$). I would like to have to buy the parts together, after buying them separatly.

HP Recommended

Hi.  I forgot to update this post. After all, i had to replace the control panel, hard drive & formatter, to solve the problem. The formatter didn't had to come together with the hard drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.