Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T1600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having some trouble getting an A1 drawing to plot horizontally on my T1600 from CAD. It'll do it from a PDF but if i try it from CAD it prints the landscape A1 drawing vertically, wasting paper on each plot

I'm assuming it's something in the properties i need to change, but every time i think I've got it, i get the "no matching media" plot error in AutoCAD.

I've tried playing with all the plot settings in CAD and no matter what i do i get the same results as stated above so I'm guessing there's some settings on the plotter i need to find

Any ideas please? I'm at a loss here

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Do you have the auto-rotate option turned on?

Had this same problem with a 1050C and found the margins were causing the problem.  The user wanted to use every bit of the paper and, with the margins, the drawing was too big to fit so the printer kept rotating it so it would print.  You might have to play with the paper size in autoCAD to get it to fit.  Turning off Auto-rotate helped but eventually he had to shrink the printable area of the paper to make it work.  Not sure if that will be the same for your case but something to try.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.