Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Replaced the belt but didn't try it as it was out of ink. Customer replaced ink a few weeks later and said it banged but made a couple of good prints. It then would print but would make partial cuts in the middle of sheet. Any ideas for a cure? Thanks.20170905_142823.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The carriage was hitting a vertical,flat piece of plastic that is in between the end cap that covers the ink cartridges and the main body. I think maybe the belt which broke and wrapped itself around everything might have tweeked it enough to get it in the way.

I'm thinking the cutter wasn't being released because the carridge was putting it in a bind when it rode up on the plastic. I trimmed the plastic and everything is just like brand new. Works and prints beautifully.

Thanks for your suggestions; they got me going in the right direction.

Randy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Run the Scan Axis test in diagnostic mode. 

Pay attention to see if the cutter is engaged and slowing down the movement.

Remove cutter to see if it prints full image with no issues.

Is the cutter installed properly?

When you changed the belt did the carriage rear bushing look OK?

Good Luck,

Roy K

HP Recommended

The carriage was hitting a vertical,flat piece of plastic that is in between the end cap that covers the ink cartridges and the main body. I think maybe the belt which broke and wrapped itself around everything might have tweeked it enough to get it in the way.

I'm thinking the cutter wasn't being released because the carridge was putting it in a bind when it rode up on the plastic. I trimmed the plastic and everything is just like brand new. Works and prints beautifully.

Thanks for your suggestions; they got me going in the right direction.

Randy

HP Recommended

You're Welcome - Glad I could help.

Don't forget to mark the issue as solved.

Thanks for the Kudos.

Roy K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.