Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

plotter.jpg

HP Recommended

I understand now.  The carriage that carries the printhead and the cartridges is hidden behind the right hand side cover, correct?

If you turn off the printer and unplug it, are you able to reach in and manually move the carriage to a position where you can reach the ink/printhead?  You may not be able to move it since it might be locked into it's home spot to keep the printhead from drying out.

Here's some info from the owner's manual you can find here:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06880937.pdf

Printer does not start
If the printer does not start (the front panel is blank), hold down the Power key for a few seconds and check
whether the Power LED turns orange while the key is held down.
● If you see no orange light, no power is reaching the printer; check that the power cord is correctly plugged
in. If the problem persists, **bleep** (see HP Customer Care on page 100) and explain that you have a
problem with the power supply.
● If you see the orange light, wait for the printer to check if it makes a beeping sound:
● Three beeps means an electronic problem; **bleep** and explain.

This only tests the power supply so it may not help much since you seem to have power because the panel does light up but it's worth a try, just to rule out the power supply completely.  

I haven't been able to access a service manual for this model that will help explain the error you're seeing because I'm not an HP tech, just a volunteer on the board.   But from the sound of it, you may have a fatal error on the printer that will require an HP tech to come and service it. 

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.