Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T770
Hello
I have a problem with my t770 Error 79:04
 1-update the firmware
 I have a replacement
 hard disk With desk encoder sensor, , trailing cable and formater
 and Service Station replaced
And the problem still exists

I ask you to give me other proposals that I can do to solve the problem
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @SaberOthman .

The 79:04 is a generic error and it can be caused by anything.

The first thing I can recommend you is to isolate the printer and reboot it without printheads, ink cartridges, paper nor connectivity cables connected.

After replacing the parts you described is hard to diagnose because all they are mostly related to other error codes such as 08:04, 21:13, 11:10 not exactly the 79:04.

Try isolating the printer and let me know if the error still shows up and if does then at what percentage did it show up?

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you HarryCR

I tried to operate the printer without printheads, without inks, without paper, and without any network connections and USB port but the same problem

Could it be the cause of the carriage board or the strip encoder sensor?
Any other suggestions, I am waiting for your help

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @SaberOthman .

At this point after isolating the printer anything could be causing the error to the printer and I cannot suggest replacing any more parts which are usually related to other errors. What I can suggest is to look for a service provider certified in this printer so they can do a deep check and to determine what they have to replace.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.