Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z2100 Photo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed Win 10 drivers ok without Designjet connected.
Connected printer and printed a document from Photoshop ok. 
Opened Designjet Utility...shows no printer installed! Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If you can print from photoshop fine which means your printer driver installed correctly.

go to control panel & uninstall the hp utility  ..   restart Windows, then   install utility again.    should work..

I seen this problem many time before.    pay attention , when utility ask   how you connect the printer

( myself pick usb   direct connect ).

also in printer property, make sure only one driver .. online..... 

if you have multiples, remove them.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your helpful response Jason.

I have tried uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling. For connection type I'm only being offred Connected to Network (which I don't want) or Print to File. No USB direct connect.

Everything seems to install successfully and the Designjet is recognised in Device Manager.. I've even updated the Designjet Utility when prompted but the printer is not recognised when I open Designjet Utility software. Bizarre.

HP Recommended

I just uninstalled my utility &  restart Windows 7... then installed utility... it went through without prompt for connection.

Maybe my utitlity  already working before.

Tell you the truth, I did not want to use    utility   at all ...unless update firmware.  I did some color ICC profiles for

canvas & photo paper, at the end,   HP ICC profiles were better & accurate.

Double check your printer property & make sure only   one printer & online  ...   remove it if more than 1.

Do not know what else I can recommend you to do, because all steps I already mentioned.

HP Recommended

Hello,

as far as i know Z2100 is not compatible with HP designjet utility

instead you need to use the HP utility.

i know sound similar but they arenn't

you can find it here:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-z2100-photo-printer-series/3...

Cheers and GL

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

yes, it does & used it about 3 years ago. check my old posts.  I updated firmware & also played with custom made icc profile.

I used the utility on both 44 & 24 models... but on Windows 7 ...  not sure Win10..

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

Please connect this printer through ethernet cable and configure it with IP address between PC/Laptop and Printer. Otherwise this printer utility will not work properly and you can't see or check printer details through EWS. After installed the printer, sometimes printer will not automatically connected with HP DesignJet Utility, that time your just search the printer IP and get connected

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Hello, I'm having issues with this too.

HP Designjet Z5200 PS with the HP Designjet Uitlity 6.0.6.4630 on Windows 10

I've connected the printer via LAN instead of USB.

I can connect to the webserver through a browser, but the utility won't find the printer by IP address.

I'm using:

HP DesignJet and PageWide XL PCL3 Driver for Windows

Any ideas as I can't create color profiles without it! 

HP Recommended

I'm slightly worried as my printer isn't in the compatible printer list either, even though the software is listed on the product page. 

It only has the Z5400 series listed. Do I need a different utility?

HP Recommended

I have same problem with new HP Utility for Windows 10.

Old version of HP Utility (1.10.0.6) for Mac OS is still on the web and it recognizes Z5200.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.