Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Q6718A
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hi,

My z3200 prints fine on its own (colour calibration/print diagnostic etc) seems to communicate with the computer ok also, in that the computer knows when there's no paper in the printer, and when the printer is turned off for example, but will not print an image. When I look at the print queue it says Ready to print or printing, sometimes even the progress bar turns fully blue (please see picture) but then reverts back to emepty progress bar,  it won't print and doesn't produce any error messages.

Prior to the problem I had uninstalled all HP software and reinstalled with newly downloaded drivers. I was able to print fine yesterday but not today. I have performed the full troubleshooting Wizard Help faultfinding list of checks but nothing resolved the problem. I have not updated the printer firmware which is TR12-RB_13..0.0.2     OS RB_2.1.2 mainly because it was working fine before and I was concerned about messing things up. I have set it up as I had before but it's not printing. Am baffled and need help.

Hope someone can figure this out. Thanks in advance.Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 15.44.38.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Perhpas posting on a MAC board will be a better place to get an answer. Your description indicates a driver issue and other MAC users probably have more information then printer techs on this board. Just a suggestion.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Perhpas posting on a MAC board will be a better place to get an answer. Your description indicates a driver issue and other MAC users probably have more information then printer techs on this board. Just a suggestion.

HP Recommended

Yes, I had come to the conclusion that it must be a driver issue. Meanwhile the printer has also developed an ink station error. Am starting to really hate this printer but ... hey. No doubt I shall get it sorted in the end.

Thanks for answering. Will head over to a Mac board once I have sorted the ink station error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.