Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 111
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear users,

The designjet 111 doesn't want to print with any of the windows 10 computers I have available, however with my boss his MacBook it prints without issues, I've tried installing third party drivers as well as windows 10 drivers and neither of them seem successfull. I've tried printing via IP address and optical cable and neither really does anything. The test page appears in the queue but just vanishes after a second and the printer doesn't do anything. My co-worker tried using a virtual machine (64-bit W7) and with this one we could get a test page but not the PDF as the virtual machine would end up crashing. On windows10 the laptop of my co-worker rebooted when he tried due to a failure in the driver I'm assuming.

Best regards,

Louis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A friend, with the same printer and issue told me that he solved the problem uninstalling the following windows 10 updates:

KB4560960

KB4557957

In my case I only found the second one, I will try to print tomorrow upon arriving to the office, hope this helps everyone with the same printer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Same printer here, and same problem!!!

HP Recommended

I'm starting to think all of their software is just not compatible with windows 10. It seems to be a very common theme on here so at least i know i'm not alone in my frustration. I guess they think anything over a 1 yer old is just throw away now, sure when it's a 50 dollar desktop printer but not with 5k plus plotters!

HP Recommended

I'm also following this post on Windows Support, but it seems they're as interested as HP to resolve this... meanwhile we're unable to print (since last weekend as far as I can tell, and yes, tried to restore windows and still no luck).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-designjet-111-roll-w10e-0/d1d294a6-f78b-415...

HP Recommended

A friend, with the same printer and issue told me that he solved the problem uninstalling the following windows 10 updates:

KB4560960

KB4557957

In my case I only found the second one, I will try to print tomorrow upon arriving to the office, hope this helps everyone with the same printer.

HP Recommended

This is a Microsoft upgrade bug issue and there is a solution to this problem, which I know many people are experiencing. 

If you just uninstall the update, unless you suspend all further update, the system will just install it again.

Try Googling " Microsoft release off-schedule patch for printing problems in windows 10 " the fix is dependant upon your upgrade status, but is all described in the article.  There is also now a fix for the 2004 upgrade, just dig a bit deeper into the Microsoft article.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.