Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T1530

I need some expert opinion on 3 inch core paper roll and 2 inch core paper roll. Is there any technical difference between these papers? Some people said 2 inch core paper roll is better then the other while some said in vice versa. Hence please enlight me and tell me is there any significant difference between this two different core paper?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you use paper from the same manufacturer there is no difference, the paper is the same.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended
If you have a machine that uses a 2 in spindle you'll be able to use a roll that holds more paper than the same machine with 3 inch adapters because there can be more feet of paper wrapped around a smaller core.

If you use 3 inch Core paper then the paper wrapped around the core at the end of the Roll won't be quite as curled as the paper wrapped around the 2 in core when you get to the end of the Roll.

The paper at the End of the Roll On A 2-inch roll might not lay as flat as the paper at the end of a 3in roll. When using a 3-inch core roll you would have to change rolls more often since the 3-inch core roll has to fit in the same space as the 2 inch core roll.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Re: Difference between 3 inch core and 2 inch core paper roll 1inch 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.