Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T1500
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

This Problem occurs only for one User. If he wants to print a sewer map (6 prints) in the CAD-Software card/1 the plotter gets the Error 79:2:04. After this i must restart the plotter and delete the printjobs on the spoolerlist by using the Display or the local spoolerwebsite. If the User is printing something else on card/1 or from another sofware, the Error doesnt show. If another User is printing the sewer map, there is also no Problem. I´ve logged in as another User on the "Problem-PC" and can print the sewer-map. I´ve checked all the card/1-Options and installed the newest HP-Driver on TCP_IP and WSD and nothing changed. I reseted the User-Account and the Error still occurs.

Can someone bring light in this darkness? 😉

fehler.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the below information:

Introduction:

The system error 79:04 is a generic firmware error (equivalent to a blue screen in Windows). It’s the system error that the printer will display when an unknown exception occurs that cannot be identified as relating to any specific subsystem of the printer.

Since this is a generic error, there can be multiple causes behind it. This document will cover the most probable causes behind a system error 79:04 and will recommend the most efficient troubleshooting steps to resolve customer issues.

It is important to mention that, although 79:04 system errors can be caused by a hardware malfunction, the vast majority of 79:04 system errors are pure software or firmware issues. Before doing anything else, you are recommended to try the following general-purpose solutions.

1. Update the printer’s firmware to the very latest available firmware version, even if the printer appears to be running the latest firmware already.

2. Restore the factory settings from the front panel's Setup menu.

If these do not solve the problem, continue reading about other possible solutions below.

Possible causes:

Since the 79:04 system error is a generic error, the number of possible causes behind it is large. The majority can be grouped, however, into the following groups.

Job-related 79:04:

A specific print job that is not correctly formatted for the printer or that is not correctly processed by it can trigger a 79:04 system error.

The incorrect format or processing can come from two sources: 

1. Incorrect commands in the job itself. For example, a PS job with some commands that do not have the correct PS format. 

2.  Issues applying to the settings in the job

Symptoms:

79:04 errors caused by a print job always have the same symptoms:

1. The job is received by the printer and starts to process.

2. In the middle of the processing, the printer stops and displays 79:04.

3. The printer will display the 79:04 system error again after restart. This is due to the fact that the printer will try to reprint the job, which is pending in the queue, after restart.

4.  After the second restart, the printer will start up normally

5.  If the same job is sent again, it will always produce a 79:04 system error

These types of 79:04 system errors are normally caused by jobs that have been generated by 3rd party applications (RIPs, 3rd party drivers, files exported by an application to PS, PDF, HP-GL/2, RTL, … or any other format supported by the printer). Jobs generated by HP drivers will not normally generate 79:04 system errors, since the output that our drivers generate is very controlled and has been designed taking into consideration the characteristics of our printer’s language interpreters.

There is an exception to this general rule: there are certain applications that can generate their own PS code (Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Corel Draw, Freehand, QuarkXpress, …). When used with a PS driver, these applications generate the output PS themselves, instead of using the driver’s rendering capabilities. This is known as PostScript pass-through. So, when using an HP PostScript driver together with an application that has PS passthrough capabilities, the PS code that comes into the printer has not been rendered by the HP driver, and, should the source file contain any PS commands that are not correctly processed by the printer, a 79:04 system error could occur even though an HP driver is being used.

Solutions and workarounds:

When a job consistently generates a 79:04 system error, it is either because of a issue in the printer’s firmware or because of a defect in the job itself (when it has been generated by 3rd-party software). In order to identify the cause and find out a solution, these issues should always be immediately escalated to the GBU through the GCC. However, there are some workarounds and short-term solutions that can be tried in order to get the customer up and running in the shortest possible time:

1.  Send the job using a variety of different settings. Many times, the issue is caused by a combination of the job contents combined with some specific setting(s).

2.  If the customer is sending the file directly to the printer, try using the HP driver instead.

3.  If the issue is occurring when printing through the HP PostScript driver from an application with PS passthrough, try changing the options in the application so that it prints PS as raster (the option is typically located in the “Advanced” options of the application’s printing dialog).

4.  In some cases, there may be an unfortunate interaction between the particular job and the I/O connection used to send that job to the printer. Try sending the same job using a print queue that uses a different type of connection. For example, use a network connection instead of USB, or use the LPD network printing protocol instead of port 9100.

If you need more details, please download the service menual: http://www.partsnow.com/docs/service-manuals/HP_Designjet_T920_T1500_ePrinter_and_T2500_T3500_eMulti...

Page# 153

Firmware and Driver Link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5365094

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Regards,

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

I will put the newest Firmware on the Plotter (even the newest is still installed) and reset to factory settings. In few days, the user will print another "error-map" and i will see, if this will be a solution. I still search in AutoCAD/card-forums for a solution. 

HP Recommended

Not an expert here but logic tells me the issue is with the user's profile or settings for the AutoCAD program. Since everyone else can print the same document and you can even print the same document when you log into his machine the issue has to be with his log in script or something else he is loading and running when he attemps to print the maps. One suggestion to narrow it down would be to convert the AutoCAD document to a PDF and have him print the PDF instead and see if it prints ok without causing the error. Even though the error is a firmware error all it really tells you is the plotter became confused by the data stream from his computer and the firmware on the plotter itself should be fine.

HP Recommended

For finding the problem, i could print the pdf and see if it works. But we have to print from our CAD-Software, because there are some format-changes if we transform into pdf. I will check again, if there is something wrong in the CAD-Software with the printing-options. You have to add and configure the printer in the software, so there is space for mistakes. Thanks for the replies so far

HP Recommended

Hi,

Now your printer is printing fine or not. Please share, if you face anythink please share what type of problem will faced with details.

Regards,

Rashed

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Regards/Rashed
HP Recommended

The Real Solution, The super Solution for this Problem, I solved this issue with some technician skills, please read below.

1. turn off and disconnect the Printer.

2. uninstall the network controller (Yes get the network controller module out) it's super easy, just 5 o 6 screws, it's a metallic box that you can take out of the printer.

3. uncover the metal box, clean all dust you can with air compressor,

4. uninstall RAM memory, network card unnplug all conector (unplug all connectors)

5. use contact cleaner over all network controller.

6. use air compressor again to dry the surface.

7. Install every parts in reverse order very carefully. (If the printer don't boot, trust me you missed the RAM installation or another parts).

8. Update the firmware.

I've Been 30 days without any faults. THAT'S the solution for this proble

HP Recommended
Thanks to share your knowledge.....
Regards/Rashed
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.