Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z5400 PostScript
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Here is my situation. After transporting my z5400 printer to our new office location and plugging it in, I received the error code 08:11 and It never goes past 1%.

The manual doesn't list the 08:11error code and i don't know where to start. Please advise.

62 REPLIES 62
HP Recommended

This is a communication error between the formatter and the touch panel. First thing to try is with the power cord disconnectedf loosen the 2 screws in the rear that secures the formatter (place you plug network cable or usb to computer or network), pull the formatter out and then put it back in and tighten the srews again, put power cord back,  turn it on  and see if it comes to ready.

HP Recommended

No luck...What's next?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Check the combinatioon of the 3 LEDs on the formatter.

Are they ON, OFF, Flashing?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

first light is on, not flashing.

HP Recommended
Any suggestions? Your help would be appreciated.
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the Led 1 is flashing, 2 and 3 off you need to replace the HDD.

What is the model number of your printer? depending the model number of your printer is the part to order.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended
LED one is not flashing, it's solid.
HP Recommended

Any suggestions? Your help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Mike G, do you now what I should do next?

My printer model is HP DesignJet Z5400 PostScript.
The error code is 08:11
The printer won't initialize past 1%
The first LED is On but not blinking
The second and third LED are off

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.