Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Thank you for your insight, it's appreciated.

What disappoints me is that Mikeg81, the HP Expert bailed on me as the situation got tough...

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm sorry to make you feel like that, but I had to step away from the forums due to personal reasons.

Were are you at at this point?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a designjet t1300 that is displaying the following error: 8:11.1 install the latest firmware release. When tried to do that, the installation gets stucked and nothing happens. Tried to install it with a USB drive and it didn't work either. At this point I think it might need a HDD replacement but not really sure because of the LED lights status:

I - Flashing

II - On (not flashing)

III - On (not flashing)

I couldn't find any information about that LED code status so could someone tell me if this is really a HDD issue and needs to be replaced with a new one?

Thank you,

Martin

HP Recommended

You light code is not listed by HP. The only code with a flahing 1 is with the other 2 lights off. Depending on your model you may have to replace both the hard disk and formatter since the B version for those parts comes together where the A model you can order either. Also it is not a good idea to purchase used parts as they can cause other issue from which you may not be able to recover. The last letter of you model number on the label will be an A or B which will determine which of those parts you need to order. Also keep in mind the issue could be something else. Have you tried to boot into service mode to perform tests to see if you can narrow the issue down. Also have you removed and reseated the formatter with the power off? Also are you sure about your error as I can only find 08:11 or 08:01.11 but not the exact error you list.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. So I tried to reseat the formatter with the power off and it didn't work. What is odd is that the printer works and is functional but we can't do anything with the touch panel, so we can't start it in service mode, it just diplays the same error 8:11.1. 

I looked at the label of the formatter and it ends with an A so I'll start looking for the parts. But maybe it is a different issue since the plotter is still functional?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Problem Description: No communication between the product and the Touch Control Panel
Corrective action: Try the following:
1. Reseat printer’s formatter (do this by loosening the formatter screws, disconnect and
reconnect the formatter, and tighten the screws again.).
2. Replace the Formatter Board see Formatter on page 290
NOTE: For Revision B printers the Formatter and Hard Disk are replaced as a single
part,
3. Check connections of USB cable from Engine to Interconnect PCAs.
4. Replace the Interconnect PCA, see Interconnect PCA on page 316.
5. Replace the Touch Control Panel Touch Control Panel on page 429
6. Replace the Engine PCA. See EE Box on page 281.
7. Check the event log at the EWS support pages to see if there is another SE (for instance
07:10) and troubleshoot the problem more accurately.Appendix C: Obtaining the product
log and the diagnostics package on page 75

HP Recommended

I have an HP DesignJet 500PS and got an Error code 08:11. 

Ive already tried unplugging the power; disconnecting the network cable and removing and then replacing the network card; but when I reconnect everything and power up I still get the error.   

The 3 lights next to the network card (2 close together and one further down) are showing (from top to bottom)

OFF: FLASHING YELLOW: GREEN

Can you tell me what I need to do to fix this?

HP Recommended

Hi David,

On item no.2, for revision B printer, the formatter and hdd must be bought together? as a set?  cannot mix and match from different source/supplier?

HP Recommended

HI 88RC the thread starter,

If you dont mind, what is the update on your plotter?

If you manage to resolve it, can share what have you done?

I have the same model and having the same problem. never pass the 1%.

...and to add some more, the heat sink on the formatter get super hot. 

Yes heat sink suppose to get hot. But this is super hot that i can only lightly tapping my finger on it to feel the heat.

HP Recommended

08:11 is a sort of nightmare error. If you can find some tech expert to help you, I would suggest you to go in following order:
1. Check USB connectivity from EEBOX to Interconnection board to Control Panel
2. Has Control Panel good grounding?
3. Is HDD working?
4. Is Formatter’s rtc battery (CR2032) good – should be replaced if voltage is below 3.1V?
Hard part:
5. Checking voltages comes from EEBOX/power supply to formatter? (voltage to be +/-5% in scope)
6. HDD voltage on formatter
Items 5 and 6 requires experienced tech and very good DMM which can catch short voltage drops (>1ms).
This way I’ve found out in two cases defective power supply and have had to replace EEBOX, once defective HDD (and formatter) and the forth unit is scrapped (parts too expensive)
BTW, these issues have had with T1300, T790/795…

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.