Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
z3200 Chromatic Red Cartridge CD951A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Chromatic Red - CD951A -Ink Cartridge which has failed- Error Faulty In Cartridge.

i HAVE TRIED THE CARTRIDGE IN TWO SEPERAT MACHINES AND GET THE SAME ERROR. I also swapped known working cartridge to this specific machine, and all works fine.

How do I get HP to honor the Warrenty?

Warranty Ends; 2019/08/11 per the cartridge.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you still have proof of purchase you can contact seller for warranty replacement.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

The vendor I purcased from (Office Max) said to contact HP?

HP Recommended

If I bought a milk in my local store and when I come home after opening I milk and figuring out that it was bad I would go back to my local store with proof of purchase asking for a new milk. I wouldn't bother with the big milk company, I would leave that to a local store manager.  
But that's just me.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I couldnt agree more.  Unfortunatly, when I went to the local store manager, he said to contact the Big Milk Company (HP).

So, I have two very large companies that point the finger at one another and I sit here with a $85 worthless ink cartridge.

Ultimatly, the Warrenty legally resides by the company that granted the Warrenty.  The retailer should have an aggreement with the Warrenter to play the middle man in the return transaction.  Per Office Max, they do not have that aggrement with HP.  Therefore I would ask that HP calls the manager of the Office Max and sets them straight on what the repective roles are regarding this transaction.  You think that HP would do that?  We will see.  In the end HP is a large company and could likly care a less in helping me.  Losing me as a customer is likly not an issue when compared to the volume of sales they push through Office Max.  The fact that HP may choose not to interviene does not release them from there obligation of Warrenting there product, it is simply moves it to an issue of integrity, knowing that I surely have no means to fight them.  Also, possibly by design,  neither HP or Office Max loses any revenue and they both win and I lose when they point the finger at one another.  Please note,  I am not unique here,  It appears that many end consumers have got caught in the middle of not only Office Max but also other retailers.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.