Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I've also heard HP is discounting production of printheads all together at the start of 2019.

The Designjet 500/510/800 series is the best HP ever made in wide format printing.

Fortunelty, the Chinese will continue to produce reliable consumibles into the future.

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
HP Recommended

A door closed & another window opens ... I just bought 2 set of #11 remanufacture printheads on Ebay

for $68 included shipping...

I also bought 1 set of 4 #70  for Z2100    $ 58.00...  hp inks , printheads are sky high now  & have to find an alternatives....

HP Recommended

Hi fiona123,

HP is developing new firmware that prevents the error. Bookmark this page and check back often for more information. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06098737. When the firmware is published, the document will be updated.

Hopefully this helps you.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi there

I have an HP designjet 500 that had issue with the new printheads. i tried to install the new firmware as shown by Kae_Lus but I came up with this error message.

I have tried it to 2 diffrent laptops (win xp and win 10), and both of the had the Hp designJet 500 drivers.

I also enabled the message queing in control panel /windows compnents.

Any ideas?

Thank you

HP ERROR.jpg

HP Recommended

I am getting a bad feeling about this...

The firmware update download did not work. I stumbled across a later version HP_DesignJet_500_800_FU_3.8 that claims to install but the printer never shows instructions nor an updated firmware version and now HP have taken down the help page in the link above.

HP Recommended

Just buy older printheads.  Don't mess with firmware.

HP Recommended

Fiona,

Thanks for the advice but we already have the printheads from CDW, they were expensive and not returnable since we opened the packages.  I guess if we have no choice we will buy another set from a vendor with older stock.

HP Recommended

Hi Kae Lus

The links you provided dont work anymore. Do you know whats up? I had problem with firmware instalation. Is hp going to release anything newer that might work?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi MENELAOS,

You can also download the FW from this link, i tested and it seems working fine.

www.hp.com/go/designjet500/firmware

www.hp.com/go/designjet800/firmware

Hope it helps

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
HP Recommended

Cyun thank you for all the help.

I downloaded the firmware from the links you provided and now the old printheads I had work again. Previously I got the message to replace them due to poor quality.

I will try the new ones when I have them.

Keep up the good work!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.