Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi MENELAOS,

Glad to hear that it helps to resolve your problem.

To whom encountering HP11 PH Rejection,

HP has now released a firmware update for affected printheads. You can find out how to identify if your printhead is affected in this article. 

You can find instructions on how to update the firmware in the same article. Alternatively, you can go directly to the

.zip file here.

If the firmware upgrade doesn’t help, you can contact HP support for help.

Hope this helps.

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
HP Recommended

Downloaded this firmware (which I had found elsewhere) and the problem is different. It no longer complains about the queue not being installed, instead, it finds the printer and says it copied the firmware to the printer and to follow the instructions on the panel. There are no instructions on the panel. A reboot and power cord reboot still show previous firmware version A.02.10 (which is later than the A.02.06 that the update says is minimum to succeed). I removed the printheads and tried flashing over and over, to no avail.

HP Recommended

hello Rabad,

try to share the printer queue of your printer.

Cheers and GL

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

HP has release new Firmware version for HP Printhead replace issue. Please download the below firmware (V-3.8) from below link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301

Please use MS OS: Win 7 32bit for Firmware upgrading issue

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Hi guys, I have a very similar propblem. My Designjet 500 42" runs on A.04.02 firmware and I recently had a messgae coming up to replace the cyan ink head. Bought a new original HP ink head with a expery date of May 2020. My plotter rejects i/ cant recognize it. I tried a firmware update as suggested which however seems to not work. Removed my HPGL card, took my only remaining Win7 32bit machine and tried updating it. After pressing OK the update tool displays very quickly to follow the instructions given in the printer control display. There is no such message however on the display and the firmware remains A.04.02

What can I do now? Do I seriously need to go search specifically for a already expired ink head and have to write off my brand new ink head purchased not even a week ago?

HP Recommended

Andreas, I finally had success by locating the last firmware update that was published for the DJ 500 for WinXP (4.02). I downloaded that onto an old XP box. I then deleted the 4.02 binary file (DJ500_A_04.02.fmw) from the "Firmware Folder" under the Firmware Update Tool install directory, and replaced it with the one from the current update tool (DJ500_A.05.01.fmw). I then used the old update tool to upload it to the printer. It finally did show the "next steps on the display", etc. and allowed the use of my new printheads.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Hi Rabad,

you are absolutely awesome! No HP customer service has ever been as quick and useful as you with this here! Problem fixed and my old Designjet runs like  a charm again 🙂 Thank you!

Was thinking of flashing the new firmware with the old A.04.02 tool too but wasn't quite ready to try to not ruin it all together. For everyone else running into the same problem: Do as Rabad described (Win 7 machine works too, remmber to remove the HPGL card first).

Cheers

HP Recommended

Glad to help, Sir!

HP Recommended

Any idea where to get the old firmware updater (4.02 XP) besides if you already had it?  The new updater doesn't update, sounds like your trick works.

HP Recommended

Hi anyone,

I was finally able to update the firmware on our DJ510 workhorse connected to a WIN7 64bit OS.

After unsuccesfully trying to perform the update via the A.05.01 V3.8 firmware update tool (also no messages appearing on the printer screen while updating the firmware),
I was able to do it with the older tool A.04.02 in the same way some already discribed here.

(by only putting the new frimware A.05.01 .fmw file in the firmware folerder from the updater program)

But as our printer is connected to a WIN7 64bit OS, I had to let the updater .exe program run in "Windows 7" compatibility mode, which somehow seems to let it run in 32bit mode I suppose, because it performed quickly and well :OpenSmile: !!

In standard mode, the program runs and detects the printer, but when updating it gives a message that the firmware file can't be found..

At first I also tried Windows XP compatibility mode, but in that mode the updater program doesn't initialize the printer..

Hope my experience can help any other strugglers as me (I struggled for a day or 3.. but at least we'll have our printer running again now)

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.