Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Design Jet Z3200ps Photo Series
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

While upgrading firmware on my Design Jet Z3200ps Photo to version TR12-RO_16_00_00-1 the plotter got stuck on the hourglass with a loading bar apparently full.

Does anyone had this issue and a solution for it?

It's been like this for almost 24 hours and i'm afraid doing anything.

Below there's an image:

20180626_124030.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are    A  & B   firmware versions... look at the right side back cover & you can find the version    A  or B , then make sure your download the right one.

no big deal.... try again.... if success & printer will reboot & hourglass with start from 1%....

good luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There are    A  & B   firmware versions... look at the right side back cover & you can find the version    A  or B , then make sure your download the right one.

no big deal.... try again.... if success & printer will reboot & hourglass with start from 1%....

good luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer jasonmiamifl.

I did check the A & B version and the correspondant firmware version.

By try again are you saying that i can shut down the plotter and try to update the firmware again?

Thank you very much...

HP Recommended

If the hourglqass staying there forever , what else can you do ?

Myself encountered that problem many times & had no choice & had to shut it off from the switch on the back.

try, it will boot up fine....     

do it again, be patience, do not touch any key while printer updating..... screen  finished faster & printer finish much slower.

if success & printer will reboot by itslef & hourglass start counting.

HP Recommended

Hello again jasonmiamifl and thanks once more for the attention.

Indeed, I was just checking 'cause I was afraid that by shutting down the plotter something might go wrong, but once I did that and reboot it everything was fine and the firmware update was made.

Thanks for everything!

Cheers 😉

HP Recommended

haha, this is the best way to learn... you won't find it in HP service manual....

I never afraid problems.... more I encounter & more I learn which make life easier in future.

up to this moment, I have 7 HP designjet printers & 3 designjet scanners, no bs.

Come to this board more often.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.