Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 800 24
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
HP Designjet 800
I need to upgrade my firmware to install new HP 11 printheads. I downloaded the software to install frimware package A.05.01, but there is a warning that the installed frimware must be A.02.06 or greater. I currently have frimware A.02.02.  The executable says to contact HP Support.  Can I use HP11 Printheads dated June 2020 without the upgrade?  Or can I upgrade from A.02.02 without harming something? Or can I get a firmware upgrade from A02.02 to anything A.02.06 or greater?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Valsimot -

You got me thinking and I found my old XP OS computer and was able to download firmware package A.04.02 for XP.  I used my XP computer to upgrade to A.04.02, then could switch to my Windows 7 to upgrade to A.05.01.

Loaded the new print heads, and all is printing well now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If it can help you I have in my archive firmware versions A02.08. and A02.10 not sure will they work on newer OS, the work on XP, if you want I can upload them to my google cloud for download.

Have you tried to upload firmware to A05.01 but you have stopped when a warning message appeared?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Yes, I stopped when the warning message appeared.  I had a number of plots to print that were better bad quality than not at all, so I plotted them first.  My next step is to try to upgrade, and failing that to just put in the new printheads and hope that they will work anyway. 

I suspect you are familiar with the issue:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-designjet-510-printer-series/3737526/document/c06098737

An archive firmware should be a good fix.  Do you have the loading executable also? I am running Windows 7, but anything is worth a try.

HP Recommended

Valsimot -

You got me thinking and I found my old XP OS computer and was able to download firmware package A.04.02 for XP.  I used my XP computer to upgrade to A.04.02, then could switch to my Windows 7 to upgrade to A.05.01.

Loaded the new print heads, and all is printing well now.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

how did you manage to load the new firmware?

I ran the designjet firmware upgrade tool I downloaded. receive a message saying firmware copied to printer. follow instructions on the printer. 

There aren't any instructions, a number of local files end up in the print queue, printer shows printing and then the roll just feeds out paper and doesn't stop. 

I'm not sure what I need to do. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.