Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the problem with the optimizer head, it continually asks me to reinstall it, I have tried a new one and the problem remains the same, and it's not possible to print. This occurs from the first day they brought the printer. Every 3 or 4 months the technician must come. starts it up without changing any part. the error it gives is 0x04000
I clean the connectors but there is no way. some idea is a problem not being able to work for this. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi.

Clear the electrical contact between printhead and carriage. Perform optimizer health test plot. See setting menu/ imagen quality maintenance/  print latex optimezer test plot. See user's guide for more information.

Best regard

HP Recommended

If cleaning with ethyl alcohol isn't helping, cable must be checked for aligning with printhead or for losing contact in carriage...

HP Recommended

After 1 whole day cleaning and cleaning, I have removed all the heads and I have cleaned them all.
3 days stopped in total and at the end, it has started. But the optimizer always gives the same head

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

This error  (according to service manual) means:  0x04000 -  CSDATA TRANSMIT ERROR - Clean the electrical connections between the printhead and the carriage.

My opinion is that the PH  isn't sitting in the right position or there is a problem with the cable - not contacting with PH or with the board correctly. Tech support is needed to verify that...

HP Recommended

Extraje todos los cabezales y limpie todos los conectores, la maquina ha funcionado 1 semana y vuelve a estar igual con el mismo problema.

Reinsertar el cabezal de Optimizador, es agotador, 

error 0x00008

HP Recommended

The problem is still the same - Error: 0x00008 -  FAILS VPP - Clean the electrical connections between the printhead and the carriage. Refer to the user’s guide.

Strongly advise you to call tech support to check cables (the white wide ones with gold contacts) in the carriage for damages if you replaced optimizer printhead with a new one and the problem is still the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.