Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z3100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Designjet Z3100 Photo printer.  I don't print often, but when I do, I use HP's Instant Print software.  It works fairly well, but it crashes quite often, which means a reboot of printer and ending Instant Print in Task Manager.  

I noticed that HP had introduced a similar free software called HP Click that looks like a perfect replacement for Instant Print.   Unfortunately, it doesn't support the Z3100, which is weird as it supports the HP DesignJet Z2100 Photo printer (24 and 44 in) which was introduced at the same time as a lower priced version of the Z3100 and the HP DesignJet Z3200 Photo printer (24 and 44 in, with and without PostScript) which replaced the Z3100.  It seems that HP Click's designers  may have simply forgot the Z3100.

Does anyone know how to get the software to work with the Z3100?  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Good morning,

you can try a custom printer to validate the file. named: printersValidate.json

the new custom file with Z3100 settings: https://we.tl/t-Ae8YXf4We8

you replace it with the current one in C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\hpclick\app-3.1.359\resources

BR

Oussama

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Ouccema,

Thanks for your help.  Unfortunately, the custom printer file you provided did not work.  Click  was unable to auto-detect a compatible printer.  When I try to manually add the Z3100 via its IP address, it tells me "Printer not supported."

Like I said, I think the programmers of Click inadvertently left out the Z3100. 

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.