Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, We have had this plotter for about 10 years. It has a jetdirect print server attached to it, that seems to be working fine, the plotter is non responsive , If I hook my USB cable directly to the plotter and bypass the network it crashes my print spooler when I try to print to it, and the printer does nothing. Also when I open the lid the carraige does not come out like it is supposed to.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance for reading this 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello.

Disconnect USB cable and network cable.

Try to print some internal test.

If internal test print ok then reinstall driver and print something by USB.

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem since the May 2020 Windows 10 update.  The only way I could print was to use an old Windows 7 pc as a print server.  I'm sure this is a Microsoft issue.  I have HP Designjet 510 42" plotter and posted about this a couple of weeks ago.  I unistalled the major May 2020 update and was immediately able to print again but windows reinstalled it automatically later and would not allow me to again unistall.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.