Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T790
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have a HP DesignJet T790. When power on, i get those two errors:

20181207_103757.jpg20181207_103508.jpg

Can anyone help me fix those errors.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

System Error: 08:04
Problem Description:
Touch Control Panel communication to the product functions at the initialization, but during
normal working the communication is lost.
Corrective action: Try the following:
1. Check the event log at the EWS support pages to see if there is another SE (for instance
07:10) and troubleshoot the problem more accurately.
Appendix C: Obtaining the product
log and the diagnostics package on page 74
2. Turn off the product and turn on again, and check to see if the error remains.
3. Upgrade the firmware For more information, see Appendix B: Emergency firmware
upgrade with USB flash drive on page 74
4. Replace the HDD, see Hard Disk Drive on page 295

System Error: 21.2:13
Problem Description:
Failure testing the length of the Service Station path
Corrective action: Try the following:
1. Switch the power off from the back of the product and disconnect the power cord. Check
the Primer Tubes. Reconnect the power cord and power on the product.
2. Make sure that the Service Station path is clear. Remove any visible obstacles (screws,
plastic parts, etc.) restricting the movement of the Service Station.
3. If the carriage has stopped over the service station, on the right side of the product, check
that the cutter is not activated. It may happen that the cutter is blocking the carriage over
the service station, preventing the service station from performing the movement correctly.
The cutter is on the left side of the carriage.
4. Perform the Service Station diagnostic test to troubleshoot the problem further. See
Service Station Test on page 106.
5. Replace the Service Station. See Service Station on page 396

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.