Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet SD Pro MFP

HP Designjet SD Pro Scanner Panel PC (PPC) takes about 10 minutes to boot up and also the same to come out of sleep mode. Does anyone have any idea as to why?

Thanks for any input.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Customer finally got over the slow boot problem and told me this:

"We found there was an issue with the login name on the server which we recently resolved."

More specifically:

"The scanner is working great now. It was an issue with the login name not being complete. there was enough of the name that the server would eventually recognize it which is where the long wait time came in. the fix for it was to get the full Login Name in. Which allowed the server to recognize the scanner within seconds."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Anyone familiar with this scanner who has an idea? Apparently a PPC boot problem of some sort.

I'm thinking that maybe the hard drive is failing, that possibly some disk checking for some reason is occurring on startup, etc.  The scanner is a few hundred miles away, so I'm trying to go there prepared for a fix.

Again takes about 10-15 minutes to come to "ready".

HP Recommended

Customer finally got over the slow boot problem and told me this:

"We found there was an issue with the login name on the server which we recently resolved."

More specifically:

"The scanner is working great now. It was an issue with the login name not being complete. there was enough of the name that the server would eventually recognize it which is where the long wait time came in. the fix for it was to get the full Login Name in. Which allowed the server to recognize the scanner within seconds."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.