Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Since updating my driver to the V4 (see image below right where it says 'Model' - and how it can install two drivers is beyond me)DriversDriversPrintDialoguePrintDialoguePortsPorts, I have been having continuous problems. Not only is the print dialog page of the new driver inferior to the old one (for instance it does not provide the facility to save print formats), but since the upgrade, I can no longer print using the wireless facility when it installs only the old driver, but now reinstalling the printer using the old driver (removed the printer and deleted the drivers), keeps reinstalling the v4  driver automatically. Can someone please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer if it is listed (as I'm more familiar with consumer printers, I don't know if such a printer will be detected by the tool but it is worth trying, else skip to the next steps:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Note: Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

If there is no change yet, from Devices and Printers, right-click the wireless printer icon and select Printer Properties.

Within the Advanced tab, click New Driver and follow the wizard.

May you find the V3 option under HP? try selecting it and complete the wizard.

Once done, click Apply and then OK on the Printer Properties dialog as soon as it has shown again, then check for any difference.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer if it is listed (as I'm more familiar with consumer printers, I don't know if such a printer will be detected by the tool but it is worth trying, else skip to the next steps:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Note: Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

If there is no change yet, from Devices and Printers, right-click the wireless printer icon and select Printer Properties.

Within the Advanced tab, click New Driver and follow the wizard.

May you find the V3 option under HP? try selecting it and complete the wizard.

Once done, click Apply and then OK on the Printer Properties dialog as soon as it has shown again, then check for any difference.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

Many thanks for your assistance. The solution suggested seems to have solved the problem. I do not have the same problem thus far, and even my other printer - an HP Officejet 7740 which was going offline every now and then seems to be behaving - I guess just by having the T120 driver installed correctly.

I also take note of the 'copy' of the T120 in "Devices and printers" that is now marked "DO NOT DELETE". I think I used to delete the copy before because I was expecting only one T120 to show under "Devices and printers".

1. Having gone through my earlier question again, kudos to you for having grasped what my problem was-my tirade was a bit nonsensical.....sorry about that.
  2. I cannot print in 'Landscape' using the multi-sheet tray, something I was able to do with the old driver.
  3. How can I also have the old driver installed. I prefer the old driver because if you look at the print dialogue box, it has that very useful option of saving print settings, and I could print landscape using the multi-sheet tray.
  4. JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT I HAVE SINCE RE-INSTALLED THE OLD DRIVER, WITHOUT REMOVING THE NEW DRIVER, AND ALL IS NOW WELL WITH USING THE OLD DRIVER WITH ALL ITS FUNCTIONALITIES.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.