Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
hp designjet t3500

Please help. Designjet T3500 won't turn on. I have tried unplugging, on/off restart button, and holding the power button for seconds; but nothing helps. The printer does not turn on, only showing blinking blue light. The screen is also off, and printer is not making any noise. 

Previously I had error message 74:01. which from the manual is to update the firmware. However,  I cannot update the firmware without it being on.

I am not sure what to replace. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @jacobhill,

Unfortunately, the HP support community is not dedicated to this type of product.

Error message 74:01 means: Error uploading firmware update file (advisory).

Try the following solution:

1. Use the power switch at the rear to turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the printer.
  2. Ensure that the connection between the computer and the printer is functioning properly.
  3. Try again to upload the firmware update file.

Please download and install the latest printer firmware available through the following HP link:
Windows: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL55385/pl-134780-16/AENEAS_03_10_01.1.fmw

macOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL55385/pl-134780-16/AENEAS_03_10_01.1.fmw

Refer to this document for steps to update the printer firmware.

For plotters you can try to find support by clicking on the following link: HP DesignJet Large Format Printers | HP® Official Site.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed.

Regards,😎

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Link to the service manual:

https://www.printertechs.com/pdf/hp-designjet-t920-t930-t1500-t1530-t2500-t2530-t3500.pdf

Check page 102 "What to do if the front panel fails to initialize".

There are LEDs near the power switch that will help you diagnose the problem.

Let us know what you find.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

thank you for this community to help me on this HP T3500 . The problem is still the same.  I had replaced the PCA Engine, but it's not turning on. The blue power at front is glowing like it is asleep. I could see red light inside the engine that is glowing. The three light indicator at rear is not lighting up.

Could this be the Power supply that needs to be replaced?

Please help.

HP Recommended

@jacobhill 

Hello and thank you for return,

Service engineer:  Replace the front panel. Call: 1-800-334-5144

If my previous answer was favorable to you, thank you to close the subject by clicking on 'Accept as solution' at the bottom of the previous message.

I welcome you to the English HP Community Support.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I cannot update the firmware. The printer is not turning on. Just in sleeping mode, glowing blue power light.

HP Recommended

@jacobhill,

In this case, I recommend you contact your product's technical support at the number: 1-800-334-5144.

An error occurred when loading the firmware update file.
  • Turn off the printer using the Power button at the front.
  • Turn off the power switch at the rear.
  • Disconnect the power cord.
  • Reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
  • Reload the firmware update file into the printer. See Update the firmware.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.